Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Following the Rules

Today I had a student that was sitting on my stool on my podium. They were playing around with my baton and before I could tell them to get down, gravity took care of it. The student fell with the stool, onto my stand, and then onto a student stand! I ran over and asked if he was ok and he said "Yes, but I am stuck!" I helped him up and another student said "That's why Mrs. Gray tells us not to get on her podium." I'm so happy that some students listen to the rules.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bet that student won't sit on your stool again!

Today I had a beginning saxophonist drop his instrument to the floor because he was too hasty and didn't have it clipped to his neckstrap. I tried not to get upset with the student because it was obviously an accident. But I did use the moment to show the others, "This is why you leave your neckstrap clipped on until you're done with everything else!"